Welcome to the ANZATS website
ANZATS - supporting and developing leadership in theological education.
The Australian and New Zealand Association of Theological Schools Ltd was formed in 1968, and comprises the university theology programmes and the theological colleges and seminaries of the Christian churches in Australia and New Zealand, together with individual members of the Association. ANZATS publishes the peer-reviewed journal Colloquium in May and November each year."
- to provide a meeting ground where the goals of and challenges facing theological schools, especially those in Australia and New Zealand, may be studied, and to provide facilities for Member Institutions to confer concerning all matters of common interest; and
- to help Member Institutions keep theological education relevant to changing ecclesial, educational, social and governmental contexts, and to make representations to governments, churches and other bodies regarding theological education; and
- to recommend standards and to maintain a list of Member Institutions on the basis of such standards; and to arrange for such other affiliations or connections as will assist in promoting theological studies and research; and
- to facilitate the development of the faculty of Member Institutions, including through the provision of regular conferences, the creation and support of state-level chapters, and by encouraging forums for networking across the theology sector; and
- to facilitate the most efficient use of the resources for theological education available; and
- to promote continuous quality improvement in theological education.
Membership of ANZATS is open to any who are sympathetic to the objects of ANZATS. Membership includes a subscription to Colloquium, the scholarly journal of ANZATS, which is published each May and November.
Click here to contact the Executive Officer for membership details.